Love is the will to nurture life and growth in oneself and in another. Love is personal; it is the sacred trust of living things. Donald Green, 1982
In Meeting for Worship many share joys about changes in their lives, new opportunities, new jobs, new ministries, unexpected blessings, good news from medical professionals. Many of those things are shared here along with other concerns that you may wish to carry on your heart and remember in your prayers.
- LaVerne in the loss of her brother Charles
- Linda Pierce: Death of Pat Kelly’s father.
- Dwayne: Deer Park worker recovering from ladder accident
- Wade: Karen Foster’s son’s suspicious death in Montana
- Susan: Childhood friend Mary recovering from surgery
- Bob W.: David and Linda in DeerPark
- Scott, Anya’s son
- Lee Jackson, recovering from heart surgery
- Linda’s sister Becky, looking for new employment
- Terry and Gillian’s newest grandchild Thomas and his mother Rachel.
- Lois and changes in her household.
- “Lisa’s” daughter, friend of Charlene
- All those traveling.
- Chris and Mark Hurd
- Ashley considering needed medical care.
- Refugees flooding into Europe
- Local firefighters in our too dry, too early and too active fire season.
- Our nation’s great divides over Court decisions, racial and economic issues.
- Civilians and military personnel who continue to suffer in the futile attempt to resolve religious, economic and political issues through violence.
- La Verne in her campaign for city council
- Caritas, in transition, its staff, Volunteers, client households and supporting churches
- Conditions in Russia that could have an impact on service there.
- Elizabeth Todd’s ministry in Ramallah
- The work of Hutton Settlement and its dedicated staff
- Gar Mickelson and Kaleidoscope Ministry
- People of faith being persecuted by religious extremists at home and abroad.
We hold those who offer hospitality to wounded souls on our hearts. We pray for peace and for resolution to the internal strife in the middle east. We hold on our hearts persons suffering at the hands of religious extremists.
We hold on our hearts the Friends Serving Abroad of Northwest Yearly Meeting.
We hold in Christ’s Light those persons elected to serve our nation, our state and our community: U.S. Representative: Cathy McMorris Rogers; Senators: Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell; President: Barack Obama; Governor: Jay Inslee; and those who represent us as members of Washington State Legislature. Our Mayor, City and County Councils.
“Lord, enable us to surrender our defended fortresses…”