Love is the will to nurture life and growth in oneself and in another. Love is personal; it is the sacred trust of living things. Donald Green, 1982
In Meeting for Worship many share joys about changes in their lives, new opportunities, new jobs, new ministries, unexpected blessings, good news from medical professionals. Many of those things are shared here along with other concerns that you may wish to carry on your heart and remember in your prayers.
- The family of Lorraine Rattray.
- Terry Moore recuperating from heart surgery.
- Kent’s nephew Sam and His wife Cheryle, their daughter, Morghaine.
- Lana’s granddaughter.
- Becky Williams and her family dealing with the death of Dwaine.
- Susan Block recuperating at home from hip replacement surgery.
- Lois’ family in the death of her niece.
- friend of Bob Weise.
- Two people near to Anya’s heart
- Linda Pierce’ friend having heart surgery.
- Wade’s sister in law
- Charlene looking for a teaching position
- Kitty as she returns to service in hospice after the recent death of her mother.
- Jim Jones undergoing cancer treatment in Seattle
- Chris in his new residence
- Ben’s sister and brother-in-laws effort to adopt a child from the Congo
- Ken P. making wedding plans.
- Elizabeth Todd’s ministry in Ramallah
- The work of Hutton Settlement and its dedicated staff
- Gar Mickelson and Kaleidoscope Ministry
We hold those who offer hospitality to wounded souls on our hearts. We pray for peace and for resolution to the internal strife in the middle east. We hold on our hearts persons suffering at the hands of religious extremists.
We hold on our hearts the Friends Serving Abroad of Northwest Yearly Meeting.
We hold in Christ’s Light those persons elected to serve our nation, our state and our community: U.S. Representative: Cathy McMorris Rogers; Senators: Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell; President: Barack Obama; Governor: Jay Inslee; and those who represent us as members of Washington State Legislature. Our Mayor, City and County Councils.
“Lord, enable us to surrender our defended fortresses…”