Love is the will to nurture life and growth in oneself and in another. Love is personal; it is the sacred trust of living things. Donald Green, 1982
In Meeting for Worship many share joys about changes in their lives, new opportunities, new jobs, new ministries, unexpected blessings, good news from medical professionals. Many of those things are shared here along with other concerns that you may wish to hold
- Christi and Jon Meronis Aunt Hazel currently hospitalized.
- Family members of Becky William’s construction of orphanage in Guatemala.
- Kev Davis’s wife Christi dealing with excessive pain during pregnancy (pastor of Woodland Friends)
- Linda Nixon in her hiatus from work and impending surgery.
- Jonathan Williams and family now deployed in their medical ministry
- Those impacted by continuing terrorist activities around the globe
- Judy and Johan
- Refugees fleeing the violence of Syrian cities.
- Our nation’s great divides over Court decisions, racial and economic issues.
- Civilians and military personnel who continue to suffer in the futile attempt to resolve religious, economic and political issues through violence.
- Elizabeth Todd’s ministry in Ramallah
- The work of Hutton Settlement and its dedicated staff
- People of faith being persecuted by religious extremists at home and abroad.
We hold those who offer hospitality to wounded souls on our hearts. We pray for peace and for resolution to the internal strife in the middle east. We hold on our hearts persons suffering at the hands of religious extremists.
We hold in Christ’s Light those persons elected to serve our nation, our state and our community: U.S. Representative: Cathy McMorris Rogers; Senators: Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell; President: Barack Obama; Governor: Jay Inslee; and those who represent us as members of Washington State Legislature. Our Mayor, City and County Councils.
“Lord, enable us to surrender our defended fortresses…”