During the period when we cannot meet together in person due to COV-19 restrictions, we will post on this page information from a weekly email (News for Friends), sent on Thursdays to our members and attenders.
Thursday, March 19 News for Friends
- Want to attend a virtual unprogrammed Quaker meeting? One takes place at 7:30 am each morning in a “chat room”. To attend, just go to http://www.quakercenter.org/meeting-for-worship/.
- From Pendle Hill: This week we commend to you Pendle Hill Pamphlet #447 “Living in Dark Times” by Rex Ambler. If you don’t have it on your bookshelf, you can read it online until March 28 at no charge.
- Birthdays and Anniversaries this week: Susan Block has a birthday on March 23.
- Caritas continues to be open, but clients are no longer permitted to enter our Building. The food orders (including lunches for children) are prepared inside by the volunteers and rolled outside in carts. When carts are returned after unloading, they are wiped down with Clorox. Volunteers who handle food wear gloves. As of next week, Caritas will be open only from 11:00 AM – 1:00PM to give volunteers time to prepare food orders.
- The Office will be monitored to handle mail/phone calls/etc. Joys and Concerns/Prayer Requests/Announcements can also be sent to the Office for wider distribution in our community. And if any of you need help (any kind) during this period, please call one of the Elders,